Re: looking for a VSTi that reacts to audio

Michael,

what I'm dreaming of in the moment is a VSTi (say, a drum machine) that takes your
audio (not your midi), tries to find rhythmic elements, and creates a groove
based on them

I know this seems to be my answer to everything, but if you don't mind a bit of DIY, then you could fairly easily buld something like this in Usine. Starting with something like this: http://www.sensomusic.com/wiki/doku.php?id=addons:analysis:tempo_detector#tempo_detector

Usine itself can run as a VST in another host.

Ian