Re: There already IS a looping Forum

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:38 PM, nick@12testing.net <nick@1957.me.uk>
wrote:
> Depends on your criteria. We're not mega busy, but 463 posts, 80
> members indicates we're not totally moribund either!  It's there for
> those of us who prefer forums (forii?)

Not for me, but maybe for others. I wouldn't have the time needed for
keeping up with a forum. I think it would be optimal with both a
mailing list and a forum hosting the same posts. A serious forum build
must mean any list post will be duplicated into a forum post and every
forum post will be duplicated to the list - forum thread equaling
e-mail subject line. Then the idea of using a forum or an e-mail
client for interacting would mean just a choice of tool for
participating in the very same discussion. This is especially
important with this community because you people tend to wander off
into off-topic land in the most wonderful way! :-))  And IMHO we can't
afford to lose that for the sake of freakish sanity still alive and
well in here.

Good things with fora is that we can post articles and tutorials that
include pictures. Back-side is that it's a slow way of mass
communications. Both needed in my opinion.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com