OT: why no love for noel redding?

wow-i read this and thought "why no love for noel?" he was a young kid (early 20's if?) who thought he was auditioning for the new animals (house of the rising son), and got thrown in the world of JHE. i thought he was a good bass player for the experience. yes, i know there are arguments on the 2nd & 3rd albums that jimi played a lot of the bass stuff (i'm not up on my everything jimi did history in the last 10 yrs or so), but give the guy a break. he was just playing the bass in the band, he wasn't responsible for the recording and mixing. WHEN I LISTEN TO MY TAPES THAT ARE OVER 20 yrs old, IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. when i still listen to this now that i've hit mid 40s-i'm amazed at the maturity of the writing and the adventurous nature of the music-all done by 3 guys who were still in their early 20s (and remember the lead singer/composer-was a HS dropout, and a product of 50's era education-& he was african american-a lot of the odds were against him!). that, and the fact that the guy got shafted for his part of what he contributed, and he died a few yrs ago at such a young age (wasn't he in he mid-late 50's?) cut him some slack please!
end of my rant...
s---

Maybe my beef is with Noel Redding specifically? I can listen to Zep,