Re: please be courteous to the list

The email list shows activity automatically. I am notified that there's new discussion. I actually have the body of the discussion right there in the email. What could be better? Threading occurs if you preserve the subject headings.

A forum requires you to go to yet another website. Headings for "topics" are usually so broad that you have to search for relevent info manually, one post at a time. Someone has to be there to maintain the new site. Email lists tend to self-manage unless someone wants to get more involved.

If this is a re-emergence of the previous discussion I apologize for wasting bandwidth with this reply, but we've had fairly strong consensus regarding this subject and find the email list format just fine. There is a forum-based page though, I just don't ever go there.  -m