RE: Least Costly Looping Solution -my P.S....

thinking of all the gear that's come and gone in my studio use--
i remember back in '03 getting a used korg kaoss pad, the 1st version.
when i got that thing for 90$, i thought it was the most amazing tool.
just loved it. it was my 1st device that had filter options-which i loved, and the effects w/ the touch screen manipulation was WAY AMAZING (i'm a simpleton!).
and the 5 sec of sample time was most fun too. now, a bunch of the presets didn't work on mine, but i figured i only paid 90$ for it, i had it for about 2 years, when i got rid of it. i know they have new versions of it, don't know what the price are of them used....

the other thing i'm reminded of was an interview in tapeop w/ a hip/hop (or might have been rap?) producer (can't remember the name) a few yrs back. he was talking about making records/sounds/beats back in the 80's of using turntables and boom boxes etc. then when the 1st sampler came out and it had  2 sec of sampling, he said how amazing it was, and how they really used it, and what a great tool it was, and how it seemed like a miracle. then he said a yr later or so, a new sampler came out and it had like 5 sec of sampling (or something longer), and how amazing that was....it was just interesting to hear someome talking about the explosion of technology at a time long ago (THE 80's!!!!!!). apologize-for the paraphrased story.....
happy hunting....& looping....
s----
www.myspace.com/scotthansen
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5791548553161416906&hl=en