Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

good ideas and points. i know that i'm throwing around a stew of
things in a confusing way, but that's because i'm trying a lot of
things to see what works. in the long run, i probably won't run
Ultrabeat patterns in Mainstage - i'll probably program some midi
pattern clips in Live that I will play using the Ultrabeat sounds, in
order to be able to add more real-time variation to the output by
processing the midi stream with midi fx (or i'll use the x-groover
"probabilistic drummer" that came as a Max 5 sample to send midi to
ultrabeat or maybe to a sampler instrument). So, would a Start command
coming from the Song Start function in the middle of a stream of
clocks confuse any of that? I will experiment and see. The empty
pattern idea is a pretty good idea. but it may take me a couple of
days to try these things out - i have a jazz gig on friday and there's
rust all over my fingers - too much configurin', not enough playin'
lately.