Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Warren Sirota <wsirota@wsdesigns.com>
wrote:
> all i want to do is to have
> the first loop send midi clocks that the daw uses to set tempos for
> delay-time synching, triggering midi drum patterns and arpeggiator
> rates. i only need 1 clock stream, but it has to come from the looper.
> somehow, per does this wo crashing mainstage, but i've not been able
> to get ms to play nice at all.

Hi Warren,

I don't remember what looper plug-in you are using, but set it to
output its MIDI Clock to the OS X Iac bus. Then set both MainStage and
Live to slave sync to IAC Bus input.

Over here that works well, even though I have not tried running both
Live and MainStage at the same time.

Another concept would be to use Live's Looper as the the tempo setting
device. I'm not sure if that's what you are doing, but if you do it
means Live is the master for MainStage. You should still set Live to
send out MIDI Clock through an IAC bus in order to have MainStage
following the tempo (set that by checking the box "Get tempo from MIDI
input" in the Concert Inspector window as you have selected the
concert level at top of the Patch List)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se