Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

> Per wrote:
> Of course you can, just not by direct external MIDI input into the
> plug-in.

Ok, I got the point, thanks! :)

> The ways to do it are two:
> 1) The usual MainStage (and Logic) way:

That's how I do it now. All the midi inputs are merged into 1 stream and
that's going into Mainstage. Works good, and I particular like the screen
controls for any for external hardware. I also noticed that Mainstage
loads all patches incl. bus effects as soon as you open the concert.

The only thing I haven't found a solution for is that you can't assign a
midi controller to the "current patch" to control volume, but only to a
specific patch number, bus, output or master channel. For example, when
using the master channel, you also lower the volume of a delay or looper
sitting on a bus and I want to keep it going.

> 2) Address a physical MIDI In port directly from inside the plug-in on
> the bus. Mobius can do this (as I referred to in my last post) but
> Augustus Loop can not. The Bidule AU plug-in can do it as well (but
> I've had crashes when trying that out and I have no extra time right
> now to put into beta testing for Plogue)

I don't know if I have the time to test Bidule as AU-plugin on a Mainstage
bus but I'll let you know. As always, thanks for your clear explanation

---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/
http://sjaakovergaauw.com/