Re: looper vs storyteller. if there even is

Nevyn Nowhere schrieb:
> So, the question:
>
> A)Is your music more story or sonic manipulation?

Both, a purely emotional story (something you can't tell in rational
words, music is not a language...) told by the means of sound...

> B)Do you more often loop or sequence? mix?  what measure of the two and
> do they ever intermix?

What is the difference? For me a sequence is a loop of events, versus a
loop of pure sound. I mix the loops (a memory of the past) with the
moment...

> C)How do you feel looping vs sequencing affects "story"

Its my instrument and thus my method of improvising my story. If you
tell stories at the fire, you usually do rely on what you experienced in
your life, but what and how you tell it, depends on the audience...

> D)How do you feel music can be a story, if you feel such?

It's an emotional story...

> E)What's the latest "story" you're stoked on?  and why?

My hitchhikers diary... I am hitchhiking every two weeks between Berlin
and Paris. I am looking for some musicians friends half way to Paris,
and do a short session improvisation. That's my entry to my diary...

Any looper who lives between Berlin and Paris is invited to
participate... The first entries are about to be published by the way...

This sort of story has two perspectives (the hitchhiker and the host),
as any group playing probably has...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--