Re: new mac mini with fw800 ... hoooorra!

Well, in my vision the iPhone would be for programming when not at stage.

For looping I would rely on MIDI as usual, the trusted FCB pedal and
similar. Why would the looper software crash then if it doesn't crash
now? I rarely use the screen anyway when playing so I could as well
leave it behind. When looping with only hardware boxes (EDP, Repeater,
Boss....) I've never missed the screen either.

If something should go wrong you simply reboot. That's what I've
always done with my EDP when its software crashes. Easy and still no
need for a screen. Can't see why a Mac Mini would react different; if
set up to auto-launch the looper on boot-up.

This seems a way more attractive box than those "standalone VST players".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com