RE: OT: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

I tried a fith/regular tuning in one of my Swans (27" scale length intended for standard tuning) with a ordinary 010 set and it work just FINE. The tuning is CGD (5ths) and the standard guitar tuning GBE (actually the four thinner strings are in standard tuning)
Made a LONG clip with it, 17 minutes of improvisation called BIG C:
www.Soundclick.com/AndersBergdahl
The Soloway Swans are great for lower tunings and sound great in regular tuning as well, without string change..
www.jimsoloway.com
Good looping instruments :-), Jim designed the guitars for solo jazz playing and the grand piano style tone these guitars have is great for all sorts of solo/looping styles as well as great all around guitars. Try one!! You can get a loaner from Jim or visit me in Stockholm.
.