Re: RECOMMENDATIONS for EFFECTS PROCESSING on upcoming tour

Per Boysen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
>wrote:
>>
>> Rick Walker wrote:
>
>>> 3)  the ability to use VST plugins in any chain I'd like to
>>>   a)  be in front of my LP-1 and
>>>   b)  be after my LP-1
>> that's a latency nightmare.
>> In Bidule, no problem to route signal out to LP1 on another.
>> But as Per points out, that's an extra trip out of the pc and back
>again,
>> so that's double latency.
>

> It is feasible though, if you make sure the signal is not heard while
> in its latency afflicted stages and then you set up the looper to
> compensate for that latency.

This is  interesting, but not relevant to Rick's rig.
The LP1 doesn't have latency compensation.

If Rick was to change to Mobius he'd be using simple in/out routing.

Rick does a lot of re-triggering, in which case latency compensation
loses the start of the loop.