Re: Presonus Firebox

Bob Amstadt schrieb:
> I really wish that somebody big would make a commitment to Linux. I
> think Linux has the potential to be a much better audio operating system
> than Windows, but currently lacks the commercial support.

RME used to support Linux in the past, but they don't do it anymore, but
are still supportive for Linux developers. On the other hand, Windows
seems the only operating system which actually needs drivers. My
Quatafire for example, I just plug into my Mac and it works. That sort
of just working, driven by standards, not by drivers should be the
future...
(If some special features still need custom support by specialized
software doesn't hurt)

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--