Re: Recession not all bad

(dave matthews )

He's a hero here in Charlottesville. Blue grass sucks, to me, though. Too friggin repetitive and similar. Are they looping?

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Recession not all bad
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 9:08 PM

Yeah, I was going to say - don't blame muzak, blame the clients who
always picked the "wee wee wee" elevator music stations. When I
worked
in a restaurant that had muzak, I used to like putting on the
bluegrass station or the salsa station, until the customers complained
it wasn't dave matthews enough for them.

I guess now there's streaming internet radio - much better choices.

Matt

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM, S V G <vsyevolod@yahoo.com> wrote:

> <<<elevator-music pioneer Muzak declared bankruptcy>>>
>
>     Interesting.  However our knee-jerk reaction to this news may go, I
have a good friend (and underground artist, published the book 'Cassette
Mythos' back in the '80's) who used to work in their Seattle office.
 He spoke of the science of selecting music for its increasing tempos, slowly
raising the tempo from piece to piece for a 15 minute stretch and then starting
over again.  The psychological studies that went into their programming was
intense.  He also was able to put together reggae and calypso tapes for some of
their more eclectic clientele.

>     ...and without elevator music, there may have been no 'Music for
Airports'...