Re: Fugue and looping

Hi folks

I find it SCARY how we are sometimes thinking/doing similar approaches at
the same... ;-)

While I'm typing this, I have Bach's Inventions (2 voice) opened up and
have looked at it from looping perspective.
What I have done so far is rather playing 2 voiced improvisations using
Replace (for EDP people I guess it's Substitute?). So I play a pattern,
loop it and then continuously overwrite (not overdub) it with what I'm
currently playing. So you always hear one loop pattern and my current
performance at the same time. I try to keep barock counterpoint as much as
possible while improvising. This evolves quite interestingly both
harmonically and rhyhthmically.

best regards
Buzap
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01