Re: OT: True Sound Morphing

i assited to a course with jean claude risset and tristan murail and
they presented recordings of pieces that were based on "morphing".

the one risset (long time IRCAM director) showed us was called, i
think, "passages" and it consisted of one melody that was shifting
from a soprano (female) to a flute.

it was scaring enough!

since this was some years ago, i might think that with modern computers,
we could start dreaming of morphing, at least, boxed sounds.

--
The Playing Orchestra: http://www.telefonica.net/web2/tpo
Chain Tape Collective: http://www.ct-collective.com