quick 1st thoughts on Boss DD-7

Well, I got my boss dd7 2 nights ago, and i will say that i love it! its a great delay.
i have been bouncing around using a # of delays over the last few yrs (ibanez de7, digitech digidelay, boss dd20) and i think it's better for me than those. i like the reverse mode better than my other delays offered, and playing w/ the mix, you can get varying degrees of weirdness, the modulated delay has its uses, as does the analog. i messed just briefly w/ the hold/sound on sound mode-and the dumb looper that i am, i was able to get some nice stuff in the brief time i messed w/ it-i think i did a 2 layer little thing and played over it for a few minutes-was easy to use which is key for me. The main thing i like is the 3 different modes for regular/digital delays, going from short to medium, to the longer delays. these to my ears just sound way better than the above delays i've been using over the last few years. just messing around w/ them has been fun. and the best thing is in long mode it goes to 3.2 sec and will go infinite if you like and you can really mess w/ the time-which is what i like to do (fast to slow or slow to fast). and then i remember that this is supposed to go to 6.4 sec, and after reading the manual, found out that can be accomplished by moving the output (i usually use it in mono) from output A to output B-the B output has the delay that goes to 6.4 sec. and i thought it was useful. it didn't track exactly when you mess w/ the time (it works better on the 3.2 setting in A),but is usable and fun, and hey the imperfections can be useful too. over all i like it, and am pleased w/ my decision to sell all my other delays and move to one that i thought would do the job for me. and a couple of reviews i've read that it's noisy or "kills tone"-i have't exerienced that-sounds crystal clear to me, & i haven't noticed any change in my tone, othe than my crappy ability to play.....
s----
ps-i should add-that i still have my boss rc20 for my main loops (and reverse madness!), and the delays in my digitech rp150 (for glitchy stuff), my zoom g2, and i'll also have the sampler in my behinger tweakalizer when i hook that back up in my rig-it's been resting out of the loop for a bit....

Scott Hansen looping Videos: