Re: laptop causes noise when plugged in to AC - anyone else?

I take it back. It was an Audio Ground Loop Isolator. It completely killed
the hum and noise. This one is just RCA, and probably meant to go between
the laptop sountcard out and some other input device.  I am sure other
companies make them, especially for pro use.  But, if unplugging the power
supply of a lapop makes the hum go away, then an isolater will mos likely
do
the trick.

http://www.radioshack.com/pwr/product-reviews/Car/Accessories/Car-A-V-accessories/RadioShack/p/2062214-Ground-Loop-Isolator.html

Kris