Re: loopers hard talk questions and answers

Hi Matt,
very very interesting point here!
My feeling has always been that most people in general like to see the
interaction within Bands when they go out to a concert,but i think we have
been shifting into more individualism in many areas and the transition is
something thats been happening quite a while ago.looking at the history of
music in the 20s 30s big bands,ensembles orchestras from classical to
dixiland jazz as well as musicals etc.was the norm and musicians were
heavily dependent on each other(like marriages perhaps;-)then in the 40īs
50īs and 60īs bands start to reduce, you had jazz trios,troubadours,the
beat movement,dylan inspiring people to grab a guitar to play and sing
alone.
One of the great things people can witness now with the tools we have
available is the multi-instrumentalism talent of single musicians,and the
gradual buld up arrangements that starts with a single note or riff and
the wall of sound a single individuals can create.Thats something that can
be really exciting, but i think when is not done right or people just
start playing drumloop presets,looping a guitar part and singing along it
can easily be mistaken for prerecorded "karoke"and such statements of
"monotonus etc. follow.From what i hear is also becoming a standard within
buskers in the streets with portable amps and compact loopers like the
RC2s.
I dont know where looping will go in the future,it is ceratinly exciting
at the moment and who knows,this times might be remembered as the "Decade
of looping;-)"
Luis