Re: Hints at multi -plexing Re-visited..

mark francombe wrote:
> thanks Andy.. little less worried... care to answer the where doth the
> midi clock come from question?? MASTER, SLAVE, or BOTH

Depends on how you have the Sync parameter on each EDP.

Out or OuS to send clock from either.
In or InS to not send clock (bro-sync is still on, tho' I don't think
that's documented in the manual)
OFF to not send, but then I think that disables bro-sync.

So I guess when you've hooked up EDP1 to be midi-master,
and are happily bro-syncing EDP2 to it.
Then you wipe the loop on EDP1, and let EDP2 be master, and want
to know if you'll get midi clock out of EDP1 while it's waiting
to record.
.....I dunnow, you'll have to try it.

One thing to know is that if you're Overdubbing then sync may
start to go astray if feedback is turned down. That's a way
of avoiding glitches in the overdubbed audio.

Another point of interest is that I've found that the EDP stops
sending Midi clock when Muted....at least under some circumstances.

Possibly Claude Voit knows the secrets, if he's around these days.

andy