Re: OT DID YOU KNOW? A fascinating and eye opening video about changes in the digital media age

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Ian Petersen <iep@mail.dk> wrote:
> To stay a little bit on topic, you may be interested to know I've been
> playing with your 'stepophonic looperformer' idea in Usine. It's actually
> almost trivially easy to build something like this in Usine. Just
>connect a
> piano-roll module to a sampler module or several step sequencer modules
> several sampler modules and away you go! Endless hours of looping fun ...

Wow, Usine seems pretty deep! Can its sampler module sample directly
from the real-time live input? I'm asking because that's usually the
difficult part. Loopers can do that, but loopers can't be sequenced
like a samplers but on the contrary samplers usually needs audio to be
pre recorded as audio files on the drive.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com