Re: Frustrated RC-50 user trying to gain bearings with Ableton Live

 > I would love some help concerning looping in live. So far I cannot
get
 > Live or Mobius to loop in the manner I am used to with my RC-50. What
 > I mean is that every method I've gotten to work, that also keeps
 > everything in sync, requires that I hit record BEFORE the bar I want
 > to start looping on comes around.

If you run Mobius standalone or within a host with the sync mode
turned off, it will behave as you describe: start recording immediately,
and end immediately.  You don't get a "click track" this way, you have
to have the tempo in your head.

Is there a reason you need to have the Mobius VST slaved to Live?
Were you slaving the RC-50 from Live or was it slaved to a drum machine?

Basically, VST plugins that slave to host "beats" or "bars" will almost
always require you to state your intent ahead of the beat/bar.  Humans
almost never hit the switch exactly on the bar.  If you're slightly
late the looper would have to "go back in time" and pretend that it
started
recording a few milliseconds before you hit the button.  There are
techniques
for this but I wasn't aware the RC-50 had them.

If you describe the other pieces of your rig (drum machine, rhythm
tracks in live, etc.) I can give you better advice.

Jeff