Re: OT: alternative instruments-Continuum

Did any of you check out the Continuum?  It is SO COOL.  I only wish I wasn't so old.  I think it would take a while to learn but it really looks like something folks who wanna do outside music or blazing keyboard solos really should check out.

I wrote the guy who makes them a sort of fan letter, a lusty letter actually... and he wrote back.  At the end he included some links which I'll print after this.  But there are some more outside or 'experimental' sounding samples on the continuum site (www.hakenaudio.com).  You'll love Carla Scaletti's work.

Lippold said:

PS: If you get the chance, it will be helpful to listen to examples on the www.HakenAudio.com web site.  Ed Eagan uses Kyma for all his examples; some of my favorites are http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/html/examples/ex214.html,http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/html/examples/ex229.htmlhttp://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/html/examples/ex225.html,http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/html/examples/ex234.html, and http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/html/examples/ex236.html-- they show off dynamic and expressive capabilities of the continuum very nicely.  Also check out Mark Smart's Legato Sax (using Reaktor), and of course Jordan Rudess's concert videos.  For something slower, check out Franz Danksagmueller's piece, or Yasuski's pieces.  Carla Scaletti's piece SlipStick is a beautiful experimental piece. Jordan Rudess does some ripping solos (and lap steel stuff!)

Lippold is at NAMM now so if you're there check it out.

It's The Bomb!  Save your pennies.