Re: OT: StringPort for polyphonic guitars

Matthias Grob wrote:
> but its designed to run the audio through the computer, as I understand,
> so the latency depends mostly on the OS as with most audio interfaces.

Actually, some of the higher quality A/D converters have a significant
latency of their own. (yes, I was caught out by this when making
recordings with Bernhard Wagner, couldn't work out why our timing was
so off on playback)

Surely some drivers (and hence some devices) perform better than others
for the OS latency
Certainly the amount of control given to the user varies, I only
ever saw one control panel (Focusrite) that allowed the user to
set the firewire buffers seperately. (only a mS or so, but of
course it's still significant when added on to the rest).

andy