Re: Sooperlooper or Mobius? Going back to software.

 > The problem has to do with the computer's MIDI Clock stability.  When
 > I experimented with the LP1 and my laptop, I discovered that I could
 > get drift and glitch free performance when I reduced the PCI load to
 > the bare-bones minimum.

It also depends on what software you were using to generate MIDI clocks.
There are lots of ways to setup a timer for sending clocks, some are
more tolerant of what's going on in the system than others.  If you
were using
a commercial product that's been around for awhile I would expect them
to do it correctly, but not everything does it the same way.

The receiving devices should also be doing some "smoothing" or averaging
of the distance between clocks since MIDI clocks are notoriously
jittery.
Some devices are better at this than others.

 > That is, I minimized all windows, and reduced
 > the bandwidth to my RME800 to the minimum number of channels I
needed.
 > However, with windows open, there is more data traveling across
the PCI buss
 > to the video card...

Again it sounds like the video adapter causing problems.  They aren't
always
available on a laptop but I recommend that people get a mid-range
"gaming"
video card with at least 256MB dedicated memory, especially if you're
using
a hog like Vista.

Jeff