Re: Sooperlooper or Mobius? Going back to software.

>I have not used an RME400 -- I would expect its latency to be similar to
>the RME800.

I just purchased an RME400 off eBay, should be here by the weekend. I'll
post my latency results when I get them.

But latency is definitely affected by your computer system, as Jeff Larson
said some time back when I asked him about it. I recently got a new Quad
Core/3GHZ box with 8GB DDR3 RAM at 1333mhz. With the new system, my old
Motu 828 is rocking 2.9ms latency. With my old machine (P4 2.4GHZ 1.5GB
PC2700 RAM at 333mhz), it was on the order of 30ms.

So what I'm saying is, take any latency reports with a grain of salt. :)

-George
http://www.myspace.com/georgeludwigmusic