Re: VIOLA DA GAMBA "Going for Baroque!"

Since you brought it up ... *grin

Here's a shameless little plug for a couple of "virtual" friends of mine: http://www.myspace.com/pantagruelian

We've been communicating back and forth after finding each other on MySpace. Hannah Morrison has "one of those voices" and Mark (Wheeler) and Dominik (Schneider) can only be called "multi-instrumentalists" in the truest sense. Dominik is so hard core as to have made his own Baroque flute.

They are base out of the UK, but tour throughout Europe (Dominik is from Germany). In fact, if anyone reading this is based in Paris, they could use a little help. Read their blog and see what i mean about the Francophilic specifics.

They have also posted some amusing and delightful videos of some of their live performances (also on the MySpace pages). They blog regularly there, too.

Anyway, if you can, do go and give them a listen, if only to take a break and hear an example of where some of all of this came from. Absolutely no looping involved.

Best to all,

Dennis