Re: Native Instruments Kore 2 and Komplete

The Audi Switcher does two things at the same time:

(1) Switching an audio stream (if there is one - with virtual
instrument there is no audio input, just MIDI input).
(2) Deactivates all modules connected to other output tags than the
one selected (by MIDI Pro Change).

--> Mono/Stereo
You only need a stereo input Audio Switcher if you play a stereo
signal into two two L/R panned inputs of your audio interface. Over
here I have no such instruments. All my analog input instruments are
mono: guitar, sax, flute, EWI synth. But I do A LOT OF STEREO though,
but not before the switching. All stereo treatments happen after the
output tag - that's the big advantage in using the Audio Switcher
object! It lifts hundreds of synths and effects off the CPU when not
in use. And you are wrong about the number of Audio Switcher outputs,
I opened Bidule to check and have an Audio Switcher with 128 outputs
right here on my screen. This means you can use it for a complete 128
patches setup - use all MIDI Program Change numbers available on one
MIDI Channel. Over here just 20 patches is perfectly enough for me,
and then I'm even blending both audio input patches and MIDI driven
virtual instrument synth patches.

Another useful Bidule group is the "Tail Preserve Module". It goes
into action when you kick your MIDI Program Change pedal to go
activate a new sound patch. The Tail Prerve Module then listens to the
audio level coming out the old patch and only fades it out after the
old patch has silenced. On my Bidule setup I use this to jump between
patches with very long decay/release, reverb or delay and they are all
hanging in the air until their sound fade out. When setting it up in
Bidule this works much better than the corresponding function in
MainSTage, becaue mainstage doesn't have an active algorithm listening
and adjusting, it only has a preset of a given number of seconds to
keep old patches active after leaving them for a new patch.

Here's a suggestion: If you and I happen to own the same virtual
instrument I could set up a simple Bidule template and send to you. It
would then automatically swap my MIDI port and Audio interface for
whatever you have on your system. Then I could also include the Tail
Preserve Module, because it's not default, someone at the Bidule Forum
made it for me when I brought up a discussion there if that was
possible to program in Bidule (I still don't know how it's programmed,
I'm too busy using it). How about that? Here are a list of stuff I
have on my system:

--> Virtual Instruments (AU, VST Mac, VST Windows):
Alchemy (only Mac)
Cameleon 5000
Arturia Moog V2
Albino 2
Albino 3
All the Pluggo synths
Crystal (by Green Oak Software)
Stylus RMX

--> Effects
Alll the free Apple effects (about 20 different effects)
Sonalksis SV-315
Sonalksis SV-517
Augustus Loop  (by Expert Sleepers)
Crossfade Loop Synth (by Expert Sleepers)
SoundToys complete Native Bundle (6 effects)

Ok, so if you at least have one effect and one virtual instrument that
I also have I could make a template for you to study. Then you can
decide if you want to put the time into setting up more patches as you
like them.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se