Re: VIOLA DA GAMBA was: Duduk and melancholic instrument

There's a great improv series in Montreal called Mardi Spaghetti, run by
four French Canadian (obviously) musicians. I played there last summer,
and one of them, Pierre-Yves Martel, also did a set on viola de gamba
along with two people doing live electronics. He's in total command of
the instrument and it was incredibly beautiful. He also does a lot of
prepared acoustic bass...fascinating stuff.  www.myspace.com/pymartel
<http://www.myspace.com/pymartel>

Colleen is great too! I love "Les Ondes..."

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com