European loopfestival 2009 - Antwerp (update)

Hi,
A short update on the Antwerp live looping festival.

The best period seems to be end of May and June. I have decided to
schedule the Antwerp festival on Saturday May 30, 2009. This is the date
I'm going to work with so the artists can start planning their own
agenda's. Usually it works like this: once you set a date, then things
fall in around it. Each applicant will or already has received a personal
email this week.

I expect the festival will host about 10 live loopers. So far, I have
received request from Canada (1), USA (5), Germany (2), Italy (1), Belgium
(2), UK(1) and Austria (1). The styles of all these artists are all very
different which makes it very interesting imo; it's a mix of World, Jazz,
Ambient, Avant-Garde and Live Electronics.

I thought I was important enough to let you know Antwerp will hopefully
not the only city in Europe having a live looping festival in 2009! I want
to leave the communication about these festivals to the responsible
festival organizer themselves, so I can't give you the details yet.

Official festival websites:
http://livelooping.be/
http://euroloopfest.com/

I'll keep you posted