Re: OT Re: Beer Budget CD Release ...headache from cds

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Luca Formentini <luca@unguitar.com> wrote:

> There's no actual need to compress the music on a cd at all.
>
> Eventually that overcompressed music will be considered an un-listenable
> oddity

My guess is that a great deal of this issue emanates from the sad
facts that few people actually listen to CD's the way Andy listens to
CD's. I.e. sitting in a comfortable sofa in silent a room of good
acoustics, having all the time in the world to finish a can of tea and
a delicious cake on the side.

Most people listen to music in noisy cars or in public areas where the
music just disappears into the background noise if not compressed that
way. People need to stop listening to music and start listening to
music!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se