Re: OT While my guitar gently weeps

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Per,
>
>  The Solo on "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" is played through a Leslie
> cabinet, unlike any other Beatles guitar solo.
> This also contributes to the 'wide vibrato' you mention.

No, I meant the playing - not the sound with which Eric/George (I
believe it was Eric playing George gear) was playing. There is also an
organ mixed at the same side as that lead guitar and the organ has a
lot of tonal sway to it and you can easily take one for the other. It
might even be that the guitar was played through the same Leslie
cabinet but with the speaker rotation stopped (on a different tape
bounce than the one they laid down the organ on).

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Daryl Shawn <highhorse@mhorse.com> wrote:
> Clapton did, in fact, play George's guitar on that tune. I read an
>interview
> where Harrison pointed out that it was, in fact, HIS guitar gently
>weeping,
> though Slowhand was the one playing it.

Yay!!! Got you guys! I scored this listening test! ;-))
You can tell by ear it is a Telecaster too, BTW.

per