Re: OT While my guitar gently weeps

Still haven't seen any of those movies. I've also always thought Eric
Clapton played that lead but after reading your post I listened back
to the song and found similar guitar tone to be heard on a lot of the
White Album songs. Check out the Helter Skelter for example, even
though it's a bit down tuned there but clearly sounding like the same
guitar rig. Birthday... and Taxman for earlier recordings - same tone.
But on the other hand I have never heard George play a minor third
push-up bend topped with a wide vibrato like that in any other of the
Beatles song, while Clapton did that all the time in those days (like
Jeff Beck also did, and Jim MacCarty of Cactus...). Maybe Clapton
played it with George guitar and amp in the studio?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen - www.perboysen.com