Re: OT things of sad beauty

Thanks Rick,.

 Of all the music that our father exposed us to growing up,  the  music of Copeland and Vaughn Williams, In particular Appalachian Spring  and The Lark Ascending, invoke the most powerful emotions in me, because they call to mind both the melancholy of which Rick spoke, and the shear beauty of the natural world, which our dad so dearly loved. The Lark Ascending in particular never fails to conjure images for me of high peaks , radiant big skies, and endless tracks of wilderness,  our dads favorite places, and where he found his peace with the world.

Bill