Re: DEFINING CULTURAL YEAR of the DECADE

Mainstream media is not penetrated anymore, it doesn't look for
pebetration, it just whines and sticks to worn-out formulas of
entertainment. Mainstream and substreams have luckily, finally become
almost completely cultural fields it seems. Mainstream today exploits
its lage back catalogues, and if it releases new stuff, than
substreams woudlonly influence that, when some worn-out looks for new
hipness in fields that never stop developping. therefore even those
small acquired hipnesses are likely to be aged by the time the get
released as part of a mainstream sales item. Among musicians and music
lovers there is one large gap: You're passionate and serious about
what you do and love, or you're not.
If you're not, then you might fit the mainstream.
Few exceptions might include Amy Whitehouse f.e.. Nevertheless her
musical influences derive from the 50s and 60s, and we can all watch
the rapid speed at which an artist like her goes down.

The new and wonderful all breaches out now, and if at all looking for
a home, then usually finding one in small communities of very
dedicated fans. So everyone involved feels special again. I love it.
- - -
jayrope
http://www.kliklak.net