Re: OT: Logic distributed processing

Sure! I tried out the Node system the day it was released and it works
very well with Logic's own plug-ins and instruments. Due to copyright
issues you Apple can not allow that power to third-party plug-is like
for example Kontakt. I hooked up my old 1.25 MB PPC cpu PowerBook to a
much stornger Mac and was able to run a recording project on the
crappy laptop that exceeded it's CPU capacity with more than 300
percent. We used to call the Distributed Processing feature "a Pro
Tools Killer" but today it seems like it is Digidesign that unleashes
"a Logic Killer" ;-) He, he.. but seriously, the Node function in
Logic is truly unique lets you stack several cheap but strong Mac Mini
boxes to do the hard CPU work in the background.

However, in real life I have never undertaken a project so CPU
demanding that I have even needed to look into this function. I just
tested it for a musician magazine once because I had to write a
review. It's good to know there is unlimited power handy, if you
should run into a situation where you need it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)