Re: Beer Budget CD Release Strategy as an Alternative to The WayIt's Normally Done

Krispen wrote:
"Folks can probably do this with the low quantity that they make and not
lose too much lost opportunity costs in the long term, though if you had
to make thousands you would go out of business and have not time to play
or record - you would be forced to outsource and change your philosophy
of CD production."

Exactly, Krispen, and my own strategy is devised to handle a fairly
small fun of CDs

My own plan is always that if a sudden massive demand came in (not
likely, but I never want to limit myself to a concept)
then you can turn over the artwork to someone else to do all of the
work.   At that point, you'd be making enough money to
justify adding to the expense of your CD duplication process.

In fact,  after the next imminent 3 DVD release (Lemon, Orange,  Ruby
Grapefruit) and one more abstract electronica CD that I"m considering
putting out putting out,
(BLUE EYE)   I will be probably be ending my long running
color series of releases and I proabably WILL go the Kunaki route for
subsequent releases.

Thanks for your acknowledgment of my process.
There seems to be a disturbing trend of making people wrong because they
don't agreee with one's own personal strategy that creeps up
on this list occasionally and it's nice to have a dialectic about it all
that informs and helps us grow as we express our own aesthetic
and technical approaches to things.