Re: X-Y vector pad for MIDI foot control?

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Rainer Straschill
<moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Per asked:
> "Is anyone using a KaossPad on the floor for MIDI control by foot?"
>
> See me post a few hours hence talking about pedal boards...yes, I did
> that with a Korg KP1 (the first Kaoss Pad). To be very precise, I only
> used it in conjunction with the built-in effects, so I didn't do any
> MIDI processing, but using it as a MIDI controller for other devices
> should work just as fine.
>
> You may want to think about using this kind of thin socks which cover
> each toe individually.
>
>           Rainer

Hm... does this mean the KP technically tracks movements like the
touch pad on a laptop? Maybe it would be better to build something;
bend a joy stick into a movable foot plate inside a frame? I'd like to
be able to use it even outdoors and with different shoes. I've done
the experiment of using the two Behringer FCB expression pedals for
the X and Y axis and that truly suck compared to having a surface that
really is movable along the two axis.

Per