Re: WHAT STOMP BOXES ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH? was distortion,f overdrive, fuzz, crunc

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> WHAT STOMP BOXES and PEDAL BOARD CONFIGURATIONS
> ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH, LATELY?

My Roger Mayer Octavia.

It's a sensitive box, but when you feed it with the suitable level and
playing it makes the guitar tone fly. The sound I'm in love with can
only be achieved with a low output single coil in the neck position. I
sometimes even lower the volume knob on the Stratocaster a bit and
roll off some treble at the tone knob. That is for hitting the optimal
frequency that creates those nice envelopes in the Octavia (a guitar
note sounds like: "BEEEEOOOOOIIIIIII!UUUUUUHHHHHHhhhhh...."). I've
never found the Octavia useful for any other instrument than the
Stratocaster.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)