Re: What does it mean to you, to "release a record"?

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong,

Well, how about adding the category "D: Indie artists." (quite some
list members in this category as well)

Being an indie artist means that you are keeping the rights to your
music and recordings, either by running your own label and publishing
or by collaborating with major labels on a licensing deal basis, with
publishing labels by co-pub deals and work with indipendant
distributors. For an indie artist it may even make more economic sense
to avoid "a major label deal".

Per