Re: What does it mean to you, to "release a record"?

I produce a physical CD (through Kunaki.com), send it to CD Baby so that I
can get it digitally distributed, post the CD info on my various websites,
and then send an announcement to all my friends, collegues, and music
distribution lists. That's it.  I don't do any promotion other than this,
and I don't really care about reviews or whether I sell CDs.  I mainly
create CDs for two reasons: 1) to document my work in physical format
(that
physical record of my work, as a stand alone item is important to me), and
2) so that I can give CDs away, or sell them at performances.  All this
aside, I continue to sell CDs from Kunaki, CD Baby, at performances, and
via
CD Baby's digital distribution. Not thousands of dollars a year, of
course,
but a few hundred, based on virtually no effort.

Kris
www.krispenhartung.com