Re: Fwd: here and now / evolving loops

Lessee...yeah, the Chinapainting track "Isle of Exile" has an example of
the switch from minor to relative major. It's in a pretty well-defined
minor for the first 5 minutes. Then Jim started doing some looped slides
that were a bit more major in feel, so I started slowly switching to the
relative major, in high extensions, fading out the minor bass. By 7:30
or so, the major key is pretty much established, and we ride that out to
the end of the tune.

Sorry, I don't have an mp3 handy, but I'll see if I can get one together
for you this weekend. Or, it's on eMusic and Rhapsody, as well as Amazon
and iTunes - search for "Night Blooming Cereus" which is the album
title. It's the second track.

Also, "Cut Away the Stone" from my "Rentintwain" CD is an example of
going from atonality into a defined minor key, then switching to the
relative major and doing some other shifting all in the same key. It's
long - 12 minutes - and around seven minutes in, I start moving towards
a tonal chord, slowly fading out the atonal stuff. At 8:20, I hit the
relative major of that minor chord. At 9:00 or so, I start playing some
other chordal fragments, implying other chords. You can stream that one
here: http://www.swanwelder.com/jukebox/cutawaythestone/index.html

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com