RE: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

I think the last band that excited me as far as overdrive distortion was
Rage against the machine...the most exciting overdrive i still find are
from cats that got them through early amps, any early kinks stuff,but also
the sound of the early fuzzboxes,anything from the nugget compilation like
psychotic reaction from the count 5,had too much to dream from the
electric prunes,the strandels dirty water,interstellar overdrive from the
floyd or summertime blues by blue cheer.Early tones from blues cats like
howlin wolf,john lee hooker or muddy waters sound heavy as well... or take
for instance Led zeppelins when the leeve breaks,or kashmir,heavy shit,yet
is barely distorted,so for me is not the distortion or overdrive but the
riffs and modes that make it sound heavy.Some early acoustic blues stuff
like john lee hookers sounds heavier than a lot of heavy metal although is
only his guitar and foot stomp!!

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom