Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

From: "Sjaak" <tcplugin@scarlet.be>
> Yes, I know the FB01. I never liked the 4-operator FM sound but I
>remember
> there was a bass patch in the DX-21 which sounded fantastic, might be
>that
> same patch :) It's a pity the DX-series is so difficult to program. I
> still use a DX-7 though, another classic.

The FB01 was the synth used onboard Yamaha's first sound card, aka the IBM
Music Feature Card.  Got it as a dealer kit as I was working in the sw biz
at the time, followed by my beloved Juno-106.  Yeah, no touch sensitivity
there, but those two units were what I started doing my work on in '87...
One of these days I'm going to get the sequenced ESQ files I did
converted.
I think there are more than a few songs to be re-had in that way...!

The FM sounds were less than impressive on their own, but when put through
processing one could make it just fine.

Ah, memories.