From: "o.malhomme@laposte.net" <o.malhomme@laposte.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:14:48 AM
Subject: RE: distortion,overdrive,fuzz,crunch

Regarding this secret weapons, one must keep in mind that a special recipe
for the public can be a very unspecial to us.
A example: the Ebow.
Everyone seems to think I come from Mars if I use one while there's
nothing special to it (I mean, I bet 99% of the guitar players of this
list have one...).

Now, we have the tools that a remade to make anyone frown (VG-8, VG-99 in
my case, but  designed for sound mangling and designing) and basic tools
to add a special little something...

I like a old fuzz by Ibanez (emerald green one). Like the fact that the
not seems like it swells...

I have a Robert Keeley modified DS-1 (also a SD-1 but I don't use it that
much. Overdrive is a very different beast...)
I have a TubeMan which is more interesting a crunch pedal than a n
overdrive..
I TOTALLY DEPEND on a multicomp EBS. I know it is supposedly made for bass
but it inflates any guitar and sound gorgeous.

This is the very epitome of secret goo.
I mean, It doesn't really change the sound, just it sounds way better with
it. Transparent compression, not overdone...

Then I have a Morley Wah 2 that behaves weirdly. For some reasons, engaged
it distort. It has a very wide wah effect, so i use it for filtering and
filter sweep effets. I thought of repairing it  but I just like it's
distortion, unusual.

Olivier