Re: eMusic Anyone?

Thanks, Simon.

Kris

----- Original Message -----
I'm not a fan of the subscription idea, but emusic.com is my favorite
site for buying mp3 downloads. My username is simart. Here are some I
think are very good:

"Roam the Hello Clouds" "Near Misses"
Inventive, cerebral electronic jazz improv--I can't recommend it
highly enough, this might be my favorite album of the 21st century

"The Cinematic Orchestra" "Motion" and "Every Day"
laptop jazz, not experimental like Roam the Hello Clouds, but very
well done IMHO, great stuff!

"Debashish Bhattacharya" "Calcutta Chronicles"
Indian Slide Guitar, Carnatic Guitar Music! Found him through Bob Brotzman

"Paul Dresher" "This Same Temple"
Classic guitar looping

"Karl Hector & The Malcouns" "Sahara Swing"
God I love this one! Sounds kind of like "Ere Mela Mela," that mid
70's African music that was influenced by Miles Davis, with some
modern electronica elements

"Joe Henderson Featuring Alice Coltrane: The Elements"
Great Spiritual Jazz from the 70s

"Cuong Vu" "Bound" and "Come Play with Me"
Challenging Grooves

"The Core" "Blue Sky" and "Vision"
 Hard angular swinging post bop quartet from Norway

"Supersilent" "6"
I'm still getting my head around this Norwegian Free Death Jazz
electronic improv thing

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net