RE: special sauce, secret goo

Hear, here, Bill!

My secret goo is the one-two punch of a Rat and Big Muff, back-to-back. I like them both on for that dark ambient wall of doomlike fuzz, especially with the Ebow. If I solo and I want the tones cleaner, I just use the Rat, tweaked to something that will come through the laid-down loops already playing.

Sometimes I wish I had those overdriven tones of the typical progressive rock guitar solo, such as something Gilmour-esque, or from bands such as Marillion, IQ and Porcupine Tree. (I love Steven Wilson’s tone.).

So if anyone has any recommendation on which nifty, goo-like pedals will provide these tones, let me know…either here or off-list.

Peace.

Ed in NJ

http://www.myspace.com/edward_yuhas