Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V08 #1017

Re:
Molenda's review of Klobuchar's myspace:
One thing to look at is that I've noticed time and time again how
Molenda basically will take someones entire
musical life and put it down to a little caption in the rag.  I've seem
people underserving of his ire get it and
some others are being compared to musical geniuses who maybe didn't
deserve that kind of praise.

He doesn't realize that some people have been at this 20 years or even
more, so to just assign a glib
caption to it and walk away (which I suppose is his job actually)
doesn't do the artist a service.  Even
Mike Varney's shred column had more attention paid to the type of music
and playing the people who
submitted tapes did.

I think he was too hard on Klobuchar because Molenda's tone was more of
"I'm trying to be cool so the
readers can nod in agreement with my sage advice."

Oh well.  He's totally ignored both my own myspace despite sending him
the links well over a year ago,
I think if I were to have gotten that response I'd just have to grow a
thicker skin and keep on doing what I
normally do rather than let him 'stop me' doing what my particular
artistic sense says to do.

-t