Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

> I wonder if piano players have these same sort of discussions?  Or are
> guitarists just freaks of nature... :)  Tone, tone, tone....

Not every guitar player enjoys putting time into discussing it but I
think everyone is well aware of all this. As I think other kind of
musicians equally are, piano players as well as saxists e all (know
all that is where it starts, they you just play). ARild Andersen said
something interesting in Sant CRuz last year when we had pizza and
wine, regarding the fact that he - as being a "pro" - needed so much
help in setting up his gear (looping parameters etc). He said that
every one of us only have twenty four hours a day to do whatever you
want to do and his usual choice is to put most of his hours into
playing the bass.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)