Re: ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT "BAND CAMP" AS A MUSIC HOSTING SERVICE?

The sound quality is certainly good. wav, flac, or aiff upload only. 305
megabyte max upload per tune. Or as they say in the faq:

"the exact size of "Inamorata and Narration by Conrad Roberts" from side 4
of Miles Davis' Live-Evil (assuming we're talking 44.1kHz 16-bit AIFF,
which
we always are) If you have something to say that's longer/larger than
that,
you are a jam band and we cannot be a party to the dissemination of your
output (j/k jam bands, we love you too -- but please take a quick
hacky-sack
break at 26:29)."

I get a headache when reading this kind of stuff
http://bandcamp.mu/terms_of_use#rights I guess it's normal stuff? Anyone?
The pages are pretty plain although some have dressed them up some. They
say
they will be adding new features in the faq.

I might give them a try. Maybe contact some of their other clients. I like
being able to put up extended jams and the high quality is great. If you
allow downloads people can choose from a nice assortment of formats.

my 1st take on it...

Jeff